Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Punkins

I interrupt this Trivial Tuesday for Autumn magic. Sorry to disappoint, but tomorrow is Halloween, and I have pumpkins to post about. Don't miss TT next week. Ahhh, yeaaaah, it's a goodie.

Just adjacent to the turn-in to our complex, there is a fabulous roadside stop where we get all of our apples, apple juice, peaches, you name it. Right now this giant jack-o-lantern is parked there, so to alert passers-by that you can get yer pumpkins here, too. Blaine just looooves to drive by and point out the "buh-in." Today we had a walk over to pick us out some good ones.

Dad had to help. They were heavy.
Check out the look on Blaine's face. Straining, much?
This little guy was a better fit.
We came home with two lovely pumpkins for a grand total of $3. Gotta love that. And Taylor is currently carving a masterpiece that could put Martha out of business.

10 comments:

liz said...

Great photos. I have pumpkin seeds toasting in the oven right this minute! I am also exhausted because everyone had to carve their own pumpkin, which translated into me scooping out and mostly carving three! We have the kid-friendly pumpkin saws and everything -- we really need to work on their stamina. Make sure you post a picture of Taylor's masterpiece.

Unknown said...

I am enjoying everyone else's Halloween spirit because I certainly don't have any of my own this year. but I can't wait to see the final product...maybe I can print it and stick it on my porch next to bowl of candy that we may or may not get :) Happy Halloween!

Danielle said...

Oh fun. I am living vicariously through others this year for my holiday magic. Turns out it's not so bad. Lots less work...so keep those fun photos coming. By the way, I specifically had you in mind when I wrote about the lotion on the hands at night. In fact I almost mentioned you. I totally remember your little ritual. Come to think of it I think you often "gave" me your extra lotion too. Oh I miss being roomies too! Taylor is much neater though;)

The Lindsey Ladies said...

We carved pumpkins tonight too! Kiwi not so skilled with a knife yet, so she painted hers. I'll put up some pictures of her fine work soon! I would love to see Taylor's, a chef and an artist...quite a man! And I am so glad you visited my page! I hadn't told anybody about it yet because its still a work in progress :) And can I just say that my favorite part of that journal entry was the big E for all three words, thought I was just so darn clever!

Katrina said...

I'm afraid I'm living through others this year too since I'm all alone on Halloween this year. :-( Very cute boy you have there, Anne. I loved the "straining" picture!

Anonymous said...

Your little Punkin' was the cutest one there.

Oh, Blainey!! You've got to stop with all the cuteness, you're starting to hurt your Auntie Em's feelings.

Thanks for your comment last night; it was the best thing you could have said.

Vicky said...

Can't wait to see the masterpiece. Yay for real pumpkins and cute little boy pumpkins!

Christina said...

We're carving pumpkins too. Can't wait to see Taylor's masterpiece!

Kate said...

can't wait to see Taylor's creation! and Blaine, you are soooo cute!!! I wonder what your brother is going to look like??

and I wish we lived in the same city...

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Gotta love that little farmer's market! One night we had to go around the block 3 times just becasue Viana wanted one more good look at the "big haw-o-ween pun'kin"