Monday, September 19, 2011

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting


I have about a million things I want to write about-- our trip to Portland and the Oregon coast, Blaine's Back to School Feast, my new entry way artwork, what it feels like to have a Kindergartener...

While I work on pulling those posts together, here's the recipe I promised. It's from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes (my favorite (of many) cupcake cookbooks).

Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
6 oz cream cheese--room temp.
6 T (3/4 stick) butter--room temp.
9 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled (I used semi-sweet choc chips)
3/4 cups sour cream

Directions:
Sift together powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and butter until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add sugar mixture; mix until combined. Mix in melted and cooled chocolate and then sour cream; scrape down sides of bowl and continue beating until smooth. (Makes 4 cups.)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

After beginning a cupcake project a la Julie and Julia last year and having the book turn out to be a total BUST, I bought Martha's book. I love it! Our favorite recipe so far is the mint brownie cupcakes. Ooooooo. :)
I need to try some more recipes when the weather cools down. I'll try this for sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I made a cake for William's birthday, and the chocolate frosting was NASTY! How are you doing? It's good to see you post on here again. :)

Emily Anne said...

i'm excited to see what's brewing in your head when it ends up here. even though we just talked on the phone the other day, there's just more introspective stuff that gets teased out in writing sometimes. i like that stuff.

xoxo

Joan said...

Can't wait to hear MORE! :) Thanks for the text today. I like your little fattie :)