Friday, September 26, 2008

Tribal Jewelry Silent Auction for Nie Nie

Bloggy friends of mine! I am so thrilled to announce the Tribal Jewelry Silent Auction for Nie Nie NEXT WEEK here at Anne with an E.
Here's why I'm excited:

1. It's yet another way to support the Nielson family. (If you are just tuning in, Stephanie and Christian Nielson were in a private plane crash in August. They are being cared for in a burn unit in Arizona, and medical expenses will be in the millions. So far, the amazing blogging community that this is has raised over $100,000 to help. But let's do more!)
2. I am auctioning off 6 items of gorgeous jewelry from my friend, Deon's company. Here's what I love: Deon's jewelry. Here's what else I love: that Deon is a rockin' mom of 2 boys who started up her own business (see more here). She is amazing.
3. It's almost Christmas. Think gifts, people!

Here's the scoop:

The auction will run from Tuesday, September 30 through Friday, October 3rd. As a reminder, here's how auctions go down on this here blog:
1. Each item up for auction will be posted separately. The bidding will be done in the comments section (and I will start the bidding). So, for example, I will post a piece of jewelry and leave a comment saying "I bid $10." Then someone can comment with a higher bid and so on.
2. Bidding will end Friday, October 3rd, at 10 p.m. MST.
3. Please keep bids to whole dollar amounts.
4. Saturday morning I will post a list of the highest bidders, at which time you will have 2 jobs. #1 Send your money directly to the Nielson paypal fund (just click the button in the top right corner of my blog!). #2 Email me with your mailing address (I will provide my email address. Oh, and I will cover the shipping.) Thanks for your interest in participating and please remember to be generous!

(Stephanie and Christian Nielson by Blue Lily Photography)

No comments: