Monday, March 9, 2009

Musical Beds and Home Improvement

Well it sure has been a weird morning. It started at about 3 a.m. when Blaine appeared in our bed. He snuggled up with his Dad and went back to sleep. Shortly thereafter I heard Rog screaming and spent the next couple hours trying to feed him and figure out why he wouldn't go back to sleep. Finally I just put him back in his crib (crying), hopped in Blaine's empty bed, pulled the white cloud over my head, plugged my ears, and drifted back to sleep. And thankfully, so did Rog. (I know some of you think that letting a babe cry is cruelty. But I believe it works. So let's just agree to disagree.) Some time later I heard Taylor drive away and then fell back into my coma. When Blaine came into the room wondering what in the heck I was doing in his bed, I had no idea it was practically 10:00! He told me he wanted Macaroni and cheese for breakfast, and I thought, hey, what the heck, it's not like anything else normal is going on here. So he had blue box (at least it was 50% whole grain, but it was still a neon orange breakfast!) and finally Rog woke up. So here we are at noon and still in our jammies. (OK, that part is not so weird.) Anyway, I blame it all on Daylight Savings Time.

So I wanted to show you some of the fun home improvements we've been up to over the weekend. I got these great IKEA frames about a year ago, before we left Utah, and I finally got some of the photos Kate took of us put in them and Taylor helped me hang them. (How cool is the level application on the iphone?!) I'm tickled with them. (Why do we like looking at pictures of ourselves so much? Maybe it's vanity. But I tend to think it's just a little bit of healthy pride mixed with love.)

My mom took me to Kohl's on Friday, where I found a perfect rug for our entry. We don't have an actual entry, it's just like "Hi! Welcome to our kitchen table!" So I wanted it to be small. It's a nice deep red with chocolate brown print. And it met my "under $15" requirement.
I like the way it brings out the red flowers in the painting we bought last year at the Beehive Bazaar.


And on Friday evening, as I was making Christina's tomato soup and garlic & mushroom grilled cheese sammies (followed by strawberry shakes-yum!), this was my view out the window:

Taylor made us raised beds for a garden this summer! Wahoo! We are so excited! We get to plant the beets and peas this week!
And, though my tulips, daffs, and hyacinth are still mostly in the ground, my Mom's daffs are shining forth. So she shared the love with me.
They make me smile.




3 comments:

Kate said...

Well I'm glad you didn't wait for me to print them off, because I still haven't set up an account, and they look so great!!! It's fun to see them from my computer to your wall!!

And I'm going to do a square foot garden this year too! Hope it works! Good luck with yours!

and we're often in our jammies at noon too!

Vicky said...

I must confess that I think letting them cry it out works too. Benjamin still wouldn't be sleeping through the night if it weren't for the cry-it-out method.

lori said...

Daffodils are a FAVORITE. I'm so excited about all those happy things in your home. Looks perfect! Wish we could come visit and see it in real life!