Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She'll always be Shelby to me.

I'm excited to see Duplicity. If you haven't seen a trailer yet, it's like Mr. and Mrs. Smith meets Michael Clayton (sorta) (and it's done by the Michael Clayton writer/director, actually).

I happened upon an interview the other night with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts, its stars. It reminded me of how much I love Julia. Some questions.

1. Do you know where Julia is from?
2. Can you name her first film?
3. My favorite quote from one of her movies: "Drink the juice,
Shelby! Drink the juice!" Name the film.
4. What movie did she win her Oscar for?
5. What actor did she almost marry who is now a huge TV star?
6. What actor did she date that was in Miss Congeniality and used to be on Law&Order?
7. What singer did she marry and later divorce?
8. Who is she married to now?
9. What are her children's names?
10. What's your fave Julia film?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! I'm sure it says something pretty sad about me that I know, at least I think I know, all the answers to these questions. I won't answer all of them, otherwise it's be pretty boring for everyone else :)

4. Erin Brockavich
5 Keifer Southerland
6. Benjamin Bratt
7. Lyle Lovitt (sp)
8. Danny Moder

My favorite Julia Roberts movie is Runaway Bride, but I also really love My Friend's Wedding. Steel Magnolia's is excellent, but I turn into a basket case every time I watch it.

liz said...

Trying to decide if this is easier than usual, or if I just have a whole lotta Julia info taking up valuable space in my brain -- I didn't even have to think hard on these! Too much Entertainment Tonight? The only one I'm not sure of is #1, but I think it's somewhere in the south?

2. Mystic Pizza
3. Steel Magnolias (hello)
4. Erin Brokovich
5. Kiefer Sutherland
6. Benjamin Bratt
7. Lyle Lovett
8. Danny Moder
9. Phineas, Hazel, Henry
10. Notting Hill

Katrina said...

I am all over this one. I love Julia!

1. Georgia
2. Mystic Pizza
3. Steel Magnolias
4. Erin Brocovich
5. Keifer Sutherland
6. Benjamin Bratt
7. Lyle Lovett (that was a weird phase)
8. Danny Moder
9. Hazel, Phinnaeus, Henry
10. So hard to choose. I think the only one I don't like is "My Best Friends Wedding".

Anonymous said...

without cheating and checking my answers on the net . . .
1. ?
2. Mystic Pizza
3. Steel Magnolias
4. True Story - she wears really short skirts and works in a law firm and helps people who are getting sick b/c of water pollution. . . I can't name the flick.
5. Keifer Sutherland
6. Lyle Lovett
7. Benjamin Bratt
8. Lyle Lovett
9. Danny Moder
10.Hazel, Finn and Henry
11. Notting Hill

The Lindsey Ladies said...

Ahhhh! Yes, Julia! My favorite! Ok here goes.

1. Atlanta
2. Blood Red (alright I looked that one up, thought it was Mystic Pizza)
3. Steel Magnolias (a classic)
4. Erin Brockovich
5. Keifer Sutherland
6. Benjamin Bratt
7. Lyle Lovett
8. Danny Moder
9. Hazel, Finn, Henry
10. Pretty Woman, Notting Hill, Stepmom, Erin Brockovich and the Oceans.
Whew.....I'm exhausted!

Claire said...

1. Atlanta, Georgia, more specifically the 'burb of Smyrna, my parents' good friend is the mayor!
2. Mystic Pizza
3. Steel Magnolias
4. Erin Brokovich
5. Keifer Sutherland
6. Benjamin Bratt
7. Lyle Lovett
8. Danny Moder
9. Phinneus, Hazel and Henry
10. Steel Magnolias by far, when we were kids all the neighbor girls would watch it at say the lines with the movie. Ah, the good old days...that I tend to revisit when I'm not feeling so hot....and I still can recite them pretty darn good!