Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Monkey!

When Blaine arrived home from school Thursday he asked, "Mom, can you make some banana bread?"

"Not today," I replied.

Then, in an angry, oppressed, you-are-a-terrible-person tone of voice he yelled back, "WHAT?! But it's monkey's birthday!!!!"

Like every one should have known that.

"Oh," I said, surprised. "You didn't tell me it was his birthday."

"Well it is!"

"OK then, we'd better make him some banana bread!"

We spent the rest of the afternoon in party preparations. Thankfully, monkey had a long nap so we were able to keep it a surprise. The boys wrapped up several presents all by themselves (some books and a banana, of course). I worked on the bread and party hats.

It was one of the best afternoons I can remember.

Behold: Monk's birthday party...

2 comments:

jeanine said...

What a fun mom you are Anne! I love the birthday party for monkey! My sister and I once decided that we needed to have a birthday party for our dolls. We made invitations and my mom let us invite our friends over (and their dolls) for a party for our little babies. It is such a fond memory (and my friends still remember it too!) I bet your boys will remember Monkey's birthday too!

Danielle said...

you are awesome.

Avery makes up fake birthdays all the time because she wants cake. its hilarious.