Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If You Come to Visit: Black Sheep Scones


There are few pleasures in this world that compare to an outing to Black Sheep. They have tasty British faire, it's an interesting environment for a relaxed lunch, and it's a fun, lively pub to be in at night. But if you come to visit, I will insist that you order the scones. They whip them up upon your order, so it's a solid 20 minute wait. But I'm happy to wait 20 minutes for fresh, hot, perfect scones with clotted cream and jam. Plus, you'll be here visiting, so we'll have plenty to chat about.

Jessie and I stopped in today for some afternoon scones and they were better than ever. Can't wait for you to join us...

4 comments:

Lakes are Great said...

Love love love it. I already want to go back!

Lakes are Great said...

Love love love it. I already want to go back!

Anonymous said...

I think what you really want is for people to move there. How will I possibly have time in one visit to eat here, and at 4 daughters, and at Greenleaf (yum), and at Pucks, oh, and I need a lemon cooler from Cookie Connection, and lunch at Mucho Gusto. And what's our plan for helping me not gain 15 pounds in a week? I leave four weeks from today! Yay!

P.S. I think we should learn to make scones like these -- a friend here made me some once (she's a New Zealander) and they were beyond divine.

Danielle said...

Ok...you've convinced me! This is one of my favorite treats! Your belly is so darling by the way.