Tuesday, September 11, 2012

If You Come to Visit: Millions of Peaches

If you come to visit me, you should really come toward the end of summer.  Blackberries?  Shakespeare?  Who could ask for anything more?

How about peaches?  I'll take you to our favorite local orchard, Sugar Plum Acres.  
My sister-cousin, Christina, was here recently.  We loaded up 2 vans worth of children, drove to the orchard, just 10 minutes from my house, picked a bunch of beautiful, fat peaches, and stopped by Puck's on the way home.  Not a bad morning.
And, since I'm silly with nesting hormones, my mom and I bottled a bunch a few days later.  Just add that to the list with blackberry jam, pesto, slow-roasted tomatoes (all now safely gathered into my pantry or freezer), not to mention the painting of a Craigslist dresser (4 coats--heaven help me), and about a million other little projects.  I've never nested more furiously than this summer!

Have you scheduled your trip for next August yet? 

1 comment:

Robyn said...

just looking into flights now!