Monday, October 15, 2007

A Genuine Boy

Guest Blogger: Blaine Tanner Cropper Age: 17 months

Here's the thing about me. I am a BRUISE-ER.

Exhibit A: The TV incident (see below).
Exhibit B: Last week I was climbing up to the slide when I fell and hit my face. There was blood everywhere. Turns out it came from my mouth--I knocked one of my teeth a wee bit crooked.
Exhibit C: This morning after I woke up I was sitting in my crib playing with my favorite orange truck. Dad realized I must have dropped my truck when he heard me start whimpering and crying, "twuck! twuck!" He opened my door just in time to see me tumble right out of my crib and splat onto the floor. I started crying. Not because it hurt. Because I couldn't reach my truck. It had fallen under the crib. As soon as Dad retrieved it I was fine.

p.s. Nana, take a deep breath. I'm fine. Don't worry about me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE little boys!

liz said...

um, hello? where's my trivial tuesday? I mean, all of this stuff about your offspring is cute and all, but I really need you to fill my insatiable appetite for minutia. I have half a mind to start my own trivial tuesday....

p.s. none of my three boys ever attempted to climb/plummet out of his crib. Blaine will probably be beating them up soon.

jeanine said...

He is SO cute!

Jill said...

We have never had a babe fall out of the crib, pull a TV over, or fall off a slide. We must be perfect parents (unless you hold the nearly severed tongue of Elizabeth on the monkey bars, the lip puncture of Andrew from a scooter, eye laceration of Andrew from a chair at a lodge, Sophie cutting her tummy with my razor blade I shave my legs with, and Ethan's lip cut today from falling in the toy room). Yeah-I am a perfect parent!

P.S. Can't wait to see Blaine this weekend! (Oh, and Taylor too!)

Sarah said...

I remember when Samuel started climbing out of his crib. Once he started he never stopped. We would hear, "grunt, grunt, grunt" and then "thud!" He never hurt himself, but it was a little annoying at bed time! William doesn't get out of the crib, but mostly I think it's becuse he's not strong enough to hoist himself out!

lori said...

BLAINE! You are too cute - and too CRAZY! Sheesh, I'm glad you're still around!