Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Bithday Jill!

Do you know Jill? She is my sister-in-law and she is amazing. I could devote a lengthy post to her amazingness and tell you all about how she is so efficient (could clean her whole house top to bottom in the time I could scrub one toilet) or how she is so fun (do you think we would have gut-busting skits during family talent night without her?) or how she is so athletic (she could whoop your booty in most sports, especially basketball or golf) or how she is such a fun mom (did you catch the link to her blog? check it out). But what I love most about Jill is her enthusiasm. We Halls are a bit of a sarcastic lot and sometimes it seems like we're too cool to be cheesy or get excited. But thanks to Brian marrying Jill there is a lot more fun and merriment and excitedness around. Case in point: Taylor and I had only been married about 9 months when Blaine was conceived. As I went through the calling list I mostly got responses like "Whoa! did you do that on purpose?" and "Isn't it a little bit soon?"
Then I called Jill. I had to hold my cell phone about a foot from my ear for a couple of minutes because she was screaming so loud with excitement. "Congratulations, Annie! That is so wonderful! AHHHHHH!! I am so happy for you!!!!"

Thank goodness for Jill.

I love you, sis. Thank you for letting us celebrate your birthday with you.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy birthday Jill!

Um...I can't believe your family members said that to you about being pregnant...seriously?

Christina said...

Happy birthday to Jill - she is amazing! She did so much for us when we came out for the Fourth - we felt so loved.

Your cake looks great!

The Lindsey Ladies said...

Jill is such a fantastic person, hope she had a great birthday!

And Christina is right, that is one good looking cake!

Anonymous said...

I don't know Jill, but she sounds awesome! I've had one too many criticizings of, "Holy crap, you're pregnant again?"

I love your mantle decor. I love it that you have a mantle! (Jealous!!)

Also, that is one of the squishiest, cutest babies ever! You two really make cute kids.

*Weird sidenote: The word verification that I just had to type in to leave this comment was "anniedear".

Jill said...

Just read this tonight, yep, a full week after the post. Couldn't Rozie have told me earlier than yesterday? Have been out of touch with my computer as I transition to a new one. Felt very loved tonight, especially since you saved me from screaming at the almost 2 year old and losing it with the other children as they huddle around me while I write this. Love you babe. Thanks for being so good to me.

Brad & Amy said...

Jill is AWESOME! Okay time to confess, I'm her cousin and linked to your blog through hers quite a few months ago because I love the way you describe life . . . it makes me happy. Sometimes when I have seen you or Liz at weddings I want to come up and talk with you, but then I remember that you don't actually know me and you might think I'm CRAZY :) for knowing so much about you. Confession complete . . . on to my comment about Jill.

I just wanted to share that I idolized her when I was a kid. She is the oldest of all the cousins. I remember telling my mom that I wanted to grow up and be just like Jill. I wanted to be fun, smart, driven, and successful. Happy Birthday Jill!