Monday, December 1, 2008

28

Well there were all sorts of fun happenings this weekend. But you'll have to hear about them tomorrow. (Try not to die of excitement.) Today we have something more important to discuss. Which is that it is Danielle's birthday! If you have never had the privilege of meeting Danielle in real life than I am sorry. You are missing out. I myself have known her since she was in Mr. Glinkman's third grade class--across the hall from me in Mrs. Goodrich's class. We were on the student senate together in 6th grade. Pretty sure we were the ones who came up with Kriss Kross day. We were hip like that. Danielle is one of those super cool cats who is way ahead of the rest of us. She wore capri pants like 2 years before anyone thought they were cool. She started making belts out of old neckties long before GAP did. And her baby's room makes the Pottery Barn Kids catalog look like trizzash. But the coolest part about her is that she is totally confident in who she is so that one day she is totally glam and the next day she is wearing a hippy tye-die skirt with a sloppy bun in her hair and she is over it. Man I like her.
So, Happy Birthday, Danielle! I miss you in a big way. Last year on your birthday your hub was out of town so we went shopping and Taylor made you soup and a cake, 'member?? I wish I could be there today to give you a tight squeeze and wander around IKEA with you or something fun like that. And we could chit chat about the benefits of breastfeeding, the evils of high-fructose corn syrup, how beautiful Amy Butler fabric is, and how much we love our little babes. Unfortunately, you'll have to settle for a cyber-hug. (I'm cyber-hugging you right now.)

Happy Birthday!
Loves,
Anne

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Well Shucks! You totally made my day!

Of course I remember last year how you and Taylor single-handedly saved me from a birthday of sorrow and despair. I was actually thinking about that last night. What good friends you are! I am missing you too.

I love LOVE hearing your memories of me/us...because let's face it...my brain is no good, so its lovely to take a peek in yours. I totally forgot about Kris Kross day. We were cool!

Anyway, you are much too kind and flattering to me, but I'll take it...you know...cause its my birthday.

Cyber-hug right back atcha.

love you.

The Lindsey Ladies said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! (I almost just typed Darnelle, remember my sister calling you that?!?! Ha!) Hope you had a wonderful day!

lori said...

Happy Birthday Danielle!! Glad that I have indeed met you in person - although I could stand a few more encounters! Best wishes to you!

vanessa said...

pretty sure that was the first time in history mr. glinkman was mentioned in two blogs on the same day.

Anonymous said...

Ann,
That was the sweetest thing. I copied it off to keep.
Hugs,
Tamara

Anonymous said...

Ummmm,sorry I forgot the e,Anne with an 'e'!
Tamara...;0)