Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kids' Day

A couple of days ago, I was driving the boys to Nana's house. We were listening to the BareNaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan sing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (you need that song--it is so so so so good). As Sarah started to sing Blaine said, "Mom, I want to listen to Jessie's song." It took me a second to realize what he was saying, and I was astonished. In Toy Story 2--a huge favorite around here--Cowgirl Jessie reminisces about the days when she had an owner. As you see scenes from Jessie's past, you hear the lovely voice of Sarah McLachlan sing "When Somebody Loves You." That smarty pants Blaine recognized Sarah's voice. Holy smokes kids have amazing little minds.
Your quiz today? Name the famous actors who voice these characters:
Woody
Jessie
Buzz Lightyear
Stinky Pete The Prospector
Rex (the dinosaur)
Slinky (the dog)
Mr. Potato Head
Mrs. Potato Head
Hamm (the piggy bank)
Bo Peep
You may not know their names but you might know a movie or show they've been on. Give it your best shot!

5 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

ALl I am going to say is, "We are Carters, so go ahead and give us 100% on that quiz." (OK, so I only know the names of 6...but I can guarantee Eric knows the rest!!) Blaine...you do us proud and are a true TRUE friend of the Carters!!

Carterfam said...

Ok-- Woody-Tom Hanks; Buzz-Tim Allen; Rex-Wallace Shawn (also Mr. Huph...Mr. Incredible's boss and "inconceivable" from the Princess Bride, also in Haunted Mansion); Slinky Dog-Jim Varney (Ernest!! ya know like, ...Goes to Camp, ...Scared Stupid, etc); Jessie-Joan Cusack; Stinky Pete-Kelsey Grammer [sp?] (Dr. Frasier Krane and Beast in X3); Mr. Potato Head-Don Rickles; Mrs. Potato Head-Estelle Harris (Seinfeild, I think she's George's mom); Hamm-John Ratzenberger (who is in all of Pixar's movies=Can you name which character Anne?) (He's most famous from Cheers)....Did I miss anybody...Oh yeah, Little Bo Peep-Annie Potts (Ghostbuster movies...?) I think that was all of 'em. I got another re-trivia for you...Which other frequent visitor to Seinfeld did a voice in Toy Story 2??? Thanks Anne, you're fun!
-Eric

Mrs. Cropper said...

Eric, you are awesome!

The answer to your question--Newman of course. He is Al of Al's Toy Barn! (Also the bad guy in Jurassic Park!!)

Katie said...

The Sarah McLachlan/Bare Naked Ladies song is my daughter's favorite song! I think it's the drums, but each time Sarah starts to sing, she starts grooving. Thank goodness it's a good song, because we listen to it A LOT!

Hope you have a wonderful 2009!

lori said...

He he!! Who needs to know these things when you have the Carter's aroung =)
Oh, I miss all of you friends!