Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkey Weekend Re-cap

Well Glahry be! Where does one begin? You just can't beat a Thanksgiving weekend, you know? You've got your husband home for 4 straight days, you've got food galore, you're finally allowed to blare your Andy Williams, you bust our your twinkle lights, you bustle through the mall on Black Friday (and say "God bless the economy!" as you bump your double stroller into the millions of spend-happy shoppers), and you finish it off with a turkey sammy and some turkey soup. Could it get any better? Well, actually, this year it could because we got to have a baptism in our family, too! Yippee!

Here's how it worked:
Every Cropper had a job. It's always a (crowded but happy) party in the kitchen.

While we wait for dough to rise and turkey to cook we hike in the backyard (aka the forest).
We come home, pretty up, and do the last bit of cooking and baking magic. I myself made the most delish rolls on the planet. (If you were less than thrilled with your rolls this year you should click on this post for my friend, Wendy's recipe.)


Someone sat on some rolls that were rising. Oopsie daisies.
Grandma Stout helped me make a chocolate pecan pie (I'll never go back to a plain Jane pecan pie again!). (Jury still out on which is tastier: pie or the Rog.)

M.A. (my m-i-l) whipped up the centerpieces in no time--from goodies gathered on the hike. That clever gal.
After the mega-feast we did what all good Americans do. We lounged. We read stories. We slept on the couch. Ah, blessed tryptophan.

Then came Friday. While Mom and I shopped, Taylor put the Christmas lights up and cleaned the whole house (heaven bless him). And he helped Blaine make a snowman out of cotton balls. Blaine excitedly trimmed the baby tree with about 13 "one last ornaments."


We were tired after all that Black Friday magic.

And Saturday was the best of all. Andrew was baptized by his dad (my brother), Brian, who also baptized me when I was eight. Baptisms are pretty much my favorite thing ever. We the Mormons believe that eight is the "age of accountability," (which means we don't get baptized until that age) and it's neat to watch a child like Andrew consciously make the decision to be baptized based on his faith in Jesus Christ. Love that.
So that sums up a perfect weekend. And then we woke up Monday morning. "Bleh. You have to go to work today??!!"

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and by the way you always look so put together in all your photos. Perfect hair, cute outfit-what a babe!

Anonymous said...

what a weekend! Your rolls look amazing. and so do you. seriously. i don't think you've ever looked better. way to work it, you hot mama, you.

Vicky said...

Anne, I don't think I've ever seen you with bad hair. How do you do it? And I think I will try making those rolls next time I have a roll-making opportunity.

The Ramptons said...

oh my, that makes me miss all of you so much. Umm could I smooch Rogies lips a million times in that last photo? So dar.thanks for the great recap, it was nice to live vicariously through the photos. love ya. And PS I totally agree with all the reast of the comments that you are a total babe.