Thursday, February 19, 2009

I love vanilla

(**Image and following recipe from cupcakeproject.com)

For as long as Taylor and I have known each other, he has teased me about my vanilla preference. He cannot understand how I could ever choose vanilla ice cream over chocolate. But I remain firm.

So when Taylor came home with vanilla bean paste to make vanilla bean buttercream frosting for Grandma's wedding cake, I knew I was going to love it. And I did. Oh how I did!

I used the same recipe on Valentine's Day, too. I am not kidding here people, this is the greatest buttercream you ever will taste.

The recipe is:
Mix together 1 stick of room temperature butter and 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar until blended and creamy. Add 1 tablespoon milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste.

Notes:
1. Obviously you can leave out the vanilla bean paste for a plain buttercream frosting. This frosting has the BEST consistency, so I highly recommend it for all your plain buttercream needs.

2. Vanilla bean paste isn't in your average baking aisle. You may have to look around a bit. Taylor got ours here.

3. I like to add more than 2 teaspoons of the paste--it's all about how much vanilla you want.

4. You probably noticed that this recipe is pretty small. For a whole batch of cupcakes I would definitely double it.

Hope you love!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I didn't know that about you! I would rather have a big bowl of vanilla ice cream than any other flavor. It is just so good!

Danielle said...

I only like vanilla ice cream with other things like rich chocolate cake...you know...to cut the sweetness;)

But I am glad that you stand up for your vanilla love. And using actual Vanilla I can get behind.

That is the buttercream recipe my mom has been using for as long as I can remember. I didn't even know that there were other recipes.

The Lindsey Ladies said...

So funny you just posted this, I was on Cupcake Project looking for this recipe for Saturday's party...you saved me a lot of time, thanks :)

brittani c. said...

Thanks, Anne! It sounds delish. You can't go wrong with vanilla.

liz said...

Did Danielle just slyly quote from Steel Magnolias? I knew I loved her.