Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Guest Blogger: Blaine Tanner Cropper, age: one year!

dadadadadada
mamamamamama
da!
hizow!

OK since those are all the words Blaine knows, I (Anne) will help a little...

Hi friends! Hooray! Today I turned one year old! I was born on May Day, which is very special. I hope you all had a wonderful May Day.

Here are some pictures of me on my Birthday Eve:



I love to snuggle. I still don't love to snuggle my mom and dad very much. Dad says it's becuase he and Mom aren't soft and furry enough. That's true. I prefer my bear and my new monkey (thanks Nana Cookie, Old Nana, and Auntie Holly!) Last night I wanted to snuggle with them so much that I begged my mom to put me in my crib.

I love it in here!

Bear is snuggly soft and keeps me company at night.


I am learning to be gentle.


Besides stuffed animals, I have an affinity for my red mittens.


Even though I was excited for my birthday, I went to bed without a peep. Going to bed is the best when you have snuggly pals like I do.

My birthday today was a happy day. We didn't do much to celebrate since it was a busy day for Mom and Dad. That was OK with me. Let's be honest, I don't know much about what is supposed to happen on a birthday. The low point of my birthday was when I threw up my lunch all over the couch and rug. The highlight was playing with Mom and Dad.

Here I am playing with a whisk. I love to play with kitchen gadgets, so Mom thinks (and hopes) I'll be a great cook like Dad.
Guess what? You're invited to my belated birthday party! It's going to be on Saturday, May 12th at 12 p.m. Want to come? Post a comment and my mom will tell you more.
Bye! Love, Blaine


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne, these pictures are too much. I love little Blaine so much. Happy Birthday!! Cute, cute post. Miss you. Henry and I wish we could celebrate with y'all.

Kate said...

I want to come to the party! May I come Blaine? Cute pictures! Oh I cannot believe he is one! Time flies!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! My kids never really got into the whole stuffed animal thing. Halle had a hot pink tiger beanie baby she slept with every night until she lost it, and now neither of my kids are much for cuddling! How sweet that Blaine loves his animals so much! And how nice that he goes to sleep without crying! I want to come party...my sister-in-law will be in town, and Jeff is going on a daddy son campout for the ward with Cole, but let me know the details...it would be fun to come!

liz said...

How did I talk to you yesterday and not even say anything about Blaine's birthday? Sorry, Blaine! Sorry about the vomit, too. Yucko. Let us know the details for the party -- that Saturday's a little busy, but I think some of us will be able to come. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blaine! You are so sweet especially with that darling monkey! Too cute. Wish we were near by to come to your celebration! Eat lots of cake and make a big mess. Maybe someday you can come to California and got to the beach with Jolie and Lucy and I. XOXO.

TINA said...

THANK YOU FOR THE B-DAY WISH. THE PICS ARE GEORGOUS. WISH WE COULD COME TO THE PARTY, BUT YOU KNOW OHIO IS JUST A BIT FAR. YOU WILL BE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGH. HAVE FUN AND WILL WRITE MORE SOON
LOVE YOU GUS
TINA

Christina said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Wish we could come to the party!

Kate said...

Oh I want to play soon too! I have to nanny tomorrow and I am quite sad about it...but this is my first day all week...so I'd better! Call me, call me, call me!

lori said...

Blaine! What an articulate post! We cannot wait to attend your b-day party! Have your mom give us the details! Lucy wouldn't miss it for the world!

Jill said...

Blaine,

I love you and you are such a sweet little nephew! You are a lucky little guy blessed with the best parents a kid could ever have. I love you!