Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Getting trivial with Mr. Downey

So Taylor and I ditched our Blockbuster online account because we weren't using it enough to be worth it. And we totally opened an account at our local video store, "Video Quick." It's right next to the Quick Shop (convenience store) down the highway from our neighborhood. It's so awesome. You know, it's one of those local dives where you wonder if they even have DVDs (in fact they do) and hope that their most recent release isn't Top Gun.

So anyway last weekend Tay and I picked up Iron Man, which Taylor had been DYING to see. He loved every second of it. It was actually rather cute to watch--he was like a little boy: "This movie is SO AWESOME!" It was great. I totally love the superheroes that aren't just magical but whose powers are all (sort of) explainable.

So.
1. Are you happy that Robert Downey Jr. is back or what? I totally love him. One of my favorite movies with him was made in 1993 and also stars Elisabeth Shue. Can you name it?

2. Speaking of Elisabeth Shue, I love her. Which of her films can you name?

3. Another of my fave Robert Downey Jr. movies is Only You with the lovely Ms. Marisa Tomei. Which of her movies do you know?

4. Iron Man also stars Gwyneth Paltrow. Did you know that she looks just like one of my friends? (Raise your hand, Lisa.) Do you know who Gwynnie's (yes we are on a nickname basis) husband is? Do you know what her children's names are? I'll give you a clue about her son. He was born at Mt. Sinai Hospital.

5. Another actor in Iron Man is Terrence Howard. I really like him as well. We actually just watched him the other night in a greatie with Keri Russell and hottie Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Do you know what musical movie I'm referring to?

6. Also, I was disappointed to read that Terrence Howard will not be in Iron Man 2. Thankfully, though, the actor to replace him is another favorite of mine. Think Hotel Rwanda and the Oceans series. Do you know of whom I speak?

OK, I raised the bar today. Work it, people!

7 comments:

Traci said...

Ok I don't have time right now to answer the TT ?'s but I will come back later today and do it!!
I just had to tell you that while I was reading this post Emma came to the computer and saw your wedding pic on your sidebar and said (in her most enthusiastic voice) "AHHH Mama, it's a princess!" I thought you would like that ;)

The Ramptons said...

We just saw this movie last night and LOVED it. Marcus had to twist my arm to see it, but I am glad I did. It was really fun.

Traci said...

Ok I am back to answer TT!
1. Heart and Souls is an Eagar classic! We watched it all the time! Kim and I still laugh when we hear little kids cry because it reminds us of the part where the little boy is crying for his "friends" to come back. "Julia!!!!, Harrison!!!!, Mylo!!!!" Oh and Emma loves when I sing her Mr. Hug-a-bug!
2. LOVE LOVE LOVE Elizabeth Shue!
Ok, she is in.....
Adventures in Babysitting -classic
Back to the Future- totally jealous of her character cause I was in love with Micheal J. Fox
my fav- The Saint
Gracie
Hide and Seek- totally freaky
And the Disney one about the horse, the name has slipped my mind.
3.Actually I just watched a movie on TV the other day with her in it, what was it called.....oh like What a women wants.. or something with Mel Gibson.
Untamed Heart - a classic
Anger Management
those are the only ones I can think of.
4. She does look like Lisa!!!
I don't know her husbands name but I know he is the lead singer of Coldplay. oh and do you happen to know if the song "yellow" by coldplay was really written about her. I heard that somewhere and I think about it everytime I hear the song. Ok I know the daughters name is Apple and by your clue I am guessing their boy is named Moses? Really??
5. Oh I know this one but can't remember the name (LOVED this movie) August Rush. haha I remembered. I had forgotten he was in that movie.
6. Wow really, he is going to replace Terrance? I love him as well! SOOOO good in Hotel Rwanda. I can't remember his name though. I am not that good.
ps sorry all my answers are so long :)

Alicia said...

I have been wanting to see that movie! Now I'll have to watch it for sure. I totally knew all these! (I'm not sure if that's entirely a good thing...).

1. This movie is what made me love Robert Downey Jr. He will always have a place in my heart. Heart and Souls. "Walk Like a Man" is a fav song in my house from this movie.

2. I love Elisabeth Shue in The Saint. The best has to be the Back to the Future movies!

3.Whenever I think of Marisa Tomei, I think of that Seinfeld episode where George wants to go on a date with her. I'm not too familiar with her, but I do know she was in My Cousin Vinny.

4. Gwyneth Paltrow is married to Chris Martin of Coldplay. Unfortunately, her daughter is named Apple Blythe. Seriously? And luckily they went for Moses instead of something like Burning Bush Martin.

5. I never ended up seeing August Rush. I still really want to because I LOVE Keri Russell (and am still upset Felicity chose Ben instead of Noel-is that pathetic?) and Jonathan Rhys Myers from Bend it Like Beckham.

6. How can you not love Don Cheadle after watching Hotel Rwanda? Plus I love his character in the Oceans movies. His accent is great (you'd never know he was American!)

Kate said...

Ok I'm going to try this one for real:

1. Heart and Souls
2. The Saint
3. Wild Hogs (ok I had to look that up, but I did see this movie)
4. Chris Martin (LOVE COLDPLAY) Apple and Moses
5. August Rush (really liked this movie)
6. Don Cheadle (had to look his name up, but does it count if I could see his face in my head?)

Megan said...

Tricky questions and I think I know the answers to the first two "Heart & Souls" and "Adventures in Babysitting." Maybe those weren't the ones you were thinking of, but that's what I thought of. I like Elizabeth Shue too.

Anonymous said...

You're nice Anne dear. There was a kid in GAP the other day who honestly said "Are you Gwyneth Paltrow?" (I actually don't think I look that much like her) and I was like "Yeah, I am. How did you know? I'm just here to check out the sale rack."

Anyway, Iron Man is Andy's fav superhero and we just barely saw the movie too, which he and I both loved.

My friend teaches Elizabeth Shue's kids at a private school here and say she's a doll. The more I think about it, you and all your pop culture knowledge would fit in quite well here in LA. I'm pretty clueless during frequent conversations about 'the industry.' Of course I know better than to think that Taylor would consider more than a 13 hour trip here. :) Just kidding, maybe next time we'll get him to stay a little longer, huh?