Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...

Well I have all sorts of lovely things to tell you about. And show you. You know--lovely things like Christmas crafts, snowy days, a dolled-up mantle, reading The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey to Blaine by the fireplace, and listening to Billie Holiday sing "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" a ridiculous number of times in a row.
But I can't show you all that right now because I have a lot on my proverbial plate (who doesn't this week?). I've been sewing Christmas presents all day and I cannot WAIT to show you pictures. (Seamstresses like me (actually I have no business calling myself a seamstress) need lots of pats on the back. Like today I literally asked Taylor to give me a round of applause for successfully re-threading my bare bobbin. He obliged. Gosh I love him.) Anyway, when I wasn't sewing or helping Blaine with his train tracks I was keeping an eye on the stairs. Because someone learned to crawl! (Cute, exciting, and totally life-altering!)
So there you have it. Photos coming soon. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some presents to wrap in sparkly green paper.

3 comments:

Sally said...

How cute is that boy of yours! I totally understand needing to ask for applause. When I made my wreath I seriously asked all my friends that came over to tell me how cool it was. And because I have such great friends they all said it was AMAZING even though I know it my heart that it really is just pretty good.

Vicky said...

I'm excited to see what you've been sewing! I'm a new sewer myself and have some Christmas projects that are getting close to not happening. I think I'm still rather intimidated by the sewing machine.

Alicia said...

I can't believe how big Rog is getting! He is looking more and more like Blaine! I hope you guys have a great Christmas!