Saturday, January 23, 2010

Conan says


I haven't even followed this whole NBC thing much, but I saw a clip of Conan's last show and was incredibly impressed with his class and sincerity. This part particularly inspired:

"Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record, it's my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you. It's just true."

amen, Conan, amen.

5 comments:

Jacque said...

Saw you at Donut Country this morning....mmm yummy goodness. Went through the drive-thru cause I was in my jammies or I would have said Hello.

liz said...

I was watching when Conan did this, and I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up a little. One of the more inspiring television moments ever. Way to go out on top, Coco.

wishful nals said...

i agree. xo

Rae Grant said...

I thought the very same thing. Conan was great and I admire that he used those several million people moments to say something real. Just found bloom and your blog via progressive pioneer. Please visit me and comment (if you wish) so I can come back here easily.

families are forever said...

I'd missed you personal blogs, welcome back!