Sunday, August 22, 2010

Maui Re-cap








I'm trying to sort out my busy life. Here's my first attempt at journaling in months.

Hawaii was, needless to say, amazing. I was totally not excited about going--probably just anxiousness/guilt about leaving the boys. But as soon as the plane landed my attitude changed! We spent the week in Wailea, the southern part of Maui. Taylor had to work a bit for a few days, but we still managed to fit in a lot of snorkeling, swimming with sea turtles, lying on the beach, reading, getting massages in oceanside cabanas (!), eating eating eating, and enjoying the feeling of just us. It was heaven.

Things I'm missing most: the smell of plumeria everywhere, sleeping in and eating breakfast in bed every day, and swimming together at Big Beach.

2 comments:

jayne wells said...

Totally understand the guilt/anxiety. But isn't it amazing when you can let go of that and remember how fun it is to be together? I keep saying to Jed--is that trip really over?

The Nanny Diaries said...

Vacations are always a blast! :)